What is Lung Gold?
Lung Gold is a combination of natural herbal ingredients and Vitamin C designed to help maintain strong immunity in the lower respiratory system of canines. For symptoms in the upper respiratory tract (runny eyes & nose, sneezing, hoarse throat and dry, hacking cough) as well as asthma, you'll want to look at Throat Gold.
Lung Gold was developed by our holistic veterinarian to help dogs boost their innate resistance to harmful viruses, bacteria and fungal infections that affect the lungs and can compromise breathing and oxygenation of tissues. Lung Gold helps to maintain open airways. It works deep in the lungs and it works for different conditions that cause similar symptoms.
What is Lung Gold Used For?
The respiratory system can be divided into two areas: the upper and lower respiratory systems. Lung Gold is for the lower respiratory system, needed when there is inflammation in the lower, branching bronchi and bronchioles. Your dog may have a productive, phlegmy cough, shortness of breath, difficulty with exercise and/or wheezing.
Conditions in the lower respiratory tract can be caused by:
- Infections (viral, bacterial or fungal)
- Allergies (environmental, such as to cigarette smoke)
- Parasites (heartworms, lung worms)
Regardless of the cause, there is compromised ventilation and there is inadequate gas exchange in the alveoli of the lungs. Alveoli are hollow sacs at the base of the lungs where carbon dioxide is released for exhalation and oxygen is taken in and transported through the blood to oxygenate the rest of the body.
One of the most frequent uses of Lung Gold for canines is bronchitis. If the causes are either allergic or parasitic, Lung Gold can provide added immune support in the lungs and help maintain normal dilation of the airways.
If your dog has allergies that affect the lungs, you will also want to look at Nettle-Eyebright Gold to assist with normal allergic responses. If the cause is parasitic, it will be necessary to eliminate the parasites.
Always seek the consultation of your veterinarian as needed.
A note from our veterinarian...
Respiratory illness can be very serious. At all times, it is important to monitor the progress of your dog and to seek the guidance of your veterinarian as needed.
Indoor and outdoor environmental toxins (such as cigarette smoke, car exhaust) can make a lung problem worse. If your canine is suffering from a lung-related condition, keep the air quality as clean as possible and eliminate additional stressors to the lungs. Provide good indoor ventilation, and don't let your dog ride in the back of a pick-up truck where exhaust fumes are heavy.
Serious lung conditions can be painful, lead to lack of interest in food, high white blood cell counts and cause fever.
Does it Come With a Guarantee?
Yes! Lung Gold comes with a 90-day money-back guarantee.
Why Choose Lung Gold for Your Canine Friend?
- Certified organic and ethically wild-harvested: This formula is entirely prepared from organically grown, wild-harvested herbs and selectively imported botanicals from trusted growers only.
- Good Manufacturing Practices: All of our formulas are manufactured in a facility that adheres to Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Full Sprectrum Extract: The full biochemical spectrum of the herbs is preserved to ensure the potency of the extract. All raw materials are tested for identification and purity.
- Every batch tested: Every batch of our Lung Gold is tested to ensure the highest quality and potency. Every single batch.
- FDA-Registered Facility: Our manufacturing facility is FDA-registered. Strict quality control procedures are meticulously monitored.
- FDA Center for Veterinary Medicine Guidelines: PetWellbeing.com complies with the provisions of the CVM's good guidance practices for pet dietary supplements. All ingredients and caution statements adhere to these national guidelines.
- It's Guaranteed: In addition to the superior quality of our products, you are also protected by our 90-day money-back guarantee.
Who Makes Lung Gold?
Lung Gold is made by PetWellbeing.com, founded in 2001. Our goal? To bring the wisdom and experience of our caring holistic veterinarians to your pet. When your pet is healthy; you're happy.
To fulfill our vision, our on-staff, holistic veterinarians have developed formulas using time-honored, traditional uses of herbs, and integrated the latest scientific research. It is our aim to produce the best products for your pet that we can.
How to Administer Lung Gold
Administer product orally twice daily. Give one drop for every 2lb (1kg) of body weight up to 50lb. Over 50lb, add one drop per additional 4lb (2kg). Shake well before use. Does not require refrigeration.
We know animals can be finicky! Lung gold is enhanced with delicious natural bacon flavor. We recommend administration of the drops in a way that your dog will like best.
Use With Caution
Not to be used during pregnancy.
If animal's condition worsens or does not improve, stop product administration and consult your veterinarian.
Absorption of drugs taken at the same time may be delayed. Use with caution in hypotension. Not to be used with hypotensive drugs or prior to anesthesia. An examination from a veterinarian is recommended prior to using this product.
For animal use only. Keep out of reach of children and animals. In case of accidental overdose, contact a health professional immediately.
Lung Gold is Formulated With:
Reishi fruiting body (Ganoderma lucidum): Used for many centuries in Asia, Reishi is among a group of "medicinal mushrooms" containing biologically active polysaccharides, known to have immune modulation properties. Reishi is known to support the body's natural immunity to bacterial, viral and fungal infections. It is also used to support the lungs and bronchial issues, improving overall vitality.
Coptis root (Coptis chinensis): Coptis, similar to Goldenseal, also contains berberine, thought to be the most active constituent in both plants. Coptis root is used for both anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial purposes and works well to dry secretions in the lungs.
Pleurisy root (Asclepias tuberosa): As the name suggests, the root of this plant has been used for infections in the lungs such as bronchitis, pneumonia, infuenza and pleurisy. It is indicated for painful respiration and stimulates the function of mucous surfaces, making it a good expectorant.
Fresh Marshmallow root (Althaea officinalis): The genus name of this plant, Althaea, was derived from Greek, meaning "to cure". The roots are very high in mucilage and help to soothe mucous membranes, mainly of the lungs, digestive tract and urinary tract. Marshmallow is commonly found in herbal formulas for lung infections with both dry and productive coughs.
- Chinese Skullcap root (Scutellaria baicalensis):Chinese and Western Skullcap both have the ability to support the nervous system and have a calming affect. Chinese Skullcap has the added ability to support and maintain immunity and specifically support the lungs.
Jujube fruit (Ziziphus jujube): This lung tonic adds a nourishing component to Lung Gold. Jujube is believed to increase stamina and strength and helps maintain a healthy immune system. Jujube is sometimes added to formulas because of its pleasant taste.
- Fresh Grindelia flower (Grindelia spp.): Used primarily for lung infections and as an herbal expectorant, Grindelia is a potent anti-inflammatory, helping to resolve irritation and cough.
- Usnea thallus (Usnea barbata): Usnea, also called "Old Man's Beard", supports immunity and works particularly well for immunity in the throat and lungs. Appropriate for bacterial and viral conditions.
- Ginger rhizome (Zingiber officinale): Ginger's therapeutic actions include support for inflamed tissues, expectorant, and support for the body's ability to fight infections naturally. It provides a gentle warming property to the overall formula.
...412 mg per ml (20 drops/ml)
- Ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) 10 mg/ml (20 drops/ml)
Herbs are certified organic, ethically wild-harvested or selectively imported.
- Deionized water
- Natural bacon flavor
- Vegetable glycerin
Meet Dr. Janice Huntingford
Janice Huntingford, DVM, has been in veterinary practice for 28 years and has founded two veterinary clinics since receiving her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine at the Ontario Veterinary College, University of Guelph. She has studied extensively in both conventional and holistic modalities.