Derma Support Gold - for Healthy Coat, Odor & Itching
Derma Support Gold - for Healthy Coat, Odor & Itching
Primarily for topical yeast infections (on the skin)
For yeast dermatitis, Derma Support Gold can help support:
- Healthy coat
- Normal odor
- Healthy, comfortable skin and ears
Order Derma Support Gold today to maintain normal amounts of yeast on your dog's skin!
- 1 bottle = 2oz (59ml)
- 90 day money-back guarantee
Calculate Dose - How long will this last my pet?
?What should you expect with our products?
Item added to your cart
What is Derma Support Gold?
Derma Support Gold is an herbal, veterinary product developed by a doctor of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) for dogs with excessive yeast on their skins' surface.
TCM is an ancient practice of medicine used for approximately 2500 years. It works with principles of energy in the body that work in a practical way to rebalance what has come out of balance. As a simplistic example, "cooling" remedies are applied to counteract symptoms of heat in the body (like a hot, red rash). TCM traditionally uses these types of energetic principles, and scientific validation is able to verify the precise mechanisms to explain how herbal medicines are working at the cellular level.
The formula's action is based on the specific symptoms and imbalances that canines experience with fungal (yeast) overgrowth on the skin and inside the ears.
This unique formula can help restore the correct balance of yeast, a fungal organism that is normally present on healthy dogs' skin and inside the ears. It is only when the yeast starts to grow in an abnormal way and over proliferate that it will cause unwanted symptoms.
Derma Support Gold is taken internally.
What is Derma Support Gold Used For?
A species of yeast called Malassezia pachydermatis is a normal organism found on the skin and inside the ears of all canines. If this organism proliferates too much, an overgrowth occurs, causing a variety of symptoms that can be uncomfortable and also change the appearance and smell of the dog's skin and coat.
The condition often starts with minor itching and red patches on the skin and progresses over time to chronic itching, thickened skin and hair loss. The excessive yeast causes an increase in oil production on the skin so you may see a discharge and the coat will often appear greasy. There may be a crust on the skin and an offensive odor.
The itching can be a constant discomfort to the dog. The regions most affected are places where the skin creases, so canines can commonly be seen trying to relieve itching between the paw pads (gnawing at their paws) and scratching their ears. It may also affect the anal area, folds of the nose and eyelids, around the neck and the armpits.
Yeast overgrowth can cause:
- Intense itching
- Skin irritation and inflammation (especially around the ears, paw pads, between the toes, folds of the nose, anal area, neck and the armpits)
- Skin redness
- Sticky discharge
- Hair loss
- Foul-smelling skin
- Yellowish / greenish discharge from ears with a musty smell
The condition may be linked to lowered immunity, an allergy, longtime use of antibiotics or other medications, especially steroids. It may occur when other, primary medical conditions exist. Hormonal problems like hypothyroidism or Cushing's disease, external skin parasites or chemotherapeutic drugs may be contributing factors to an overgrowth of yeast on the skin.
All dog breeds can be affected by yeast overgrowth on the skin (also called Malassezia dermatitis) but the condition is more common in certain dog breeds: Basset Hounds, Cocker Spaniels, Dachshunds, Poodles, Chihuahuas, Maltese and some terriers (Silky Terriers, West Highland White Terriers and Australian Terriers).
A note from our veterinarian...
Derma Support Gold does not contain drugs and results will depend on the severity of the condition and length of time since it began. Expect symptoms to gradually lessen over weeks or months. Results vary for each patient.
Once desired results are achieved, the formula may be discontinued. Reintroduce as necessary. The formula does not need to be used constantly and is meant to be used when symptoms appear.
The herbs in Derma Support Gold are potent and are formulated to help symptomatically and also address the underlying imbalance.
In the Traditional Chinese Medicine model, a yeast overgrowth on the skin is known as a Damp Heat skin condition. Damp Heat can be exacerbated by external sources (poor diet or food allergies) and/or internal sources (such as stress). Damp Heat conditions are generally slow to resolve and this should be taken into consideration. A "quick fix" is generally not going to fully resolve this type of skin issue for the long term.
In Damp Heat conditions, an herbal formula works to "detoxify and cool the blood". This description is particular to a TCM model and approach which can be more effective than anything else when treating this type of disorder.
Be certain that a yeast overgrowth is the skin condition that your dog is suffering from before administering Derma Support Gold.
Food Allergy or Sensitivity?
It is necessary to determine whether there is a food allergy or sensitivity. This will contribute to the yeast overgrowth.
Similar to humans, dogs may build up sensitivities to foods that are eaten daily, without a break. Just like humans, dogs are healthiest with a varied diet. Be sure to switch your dog's foods at least from time-to-time. The most common foods that cause sensitivity or allergy in dogs are: beef by-products, dairy products, chicken, chicken by-products, soy, corn, wheat and artificial food coloring.
Make sure your dog receives a diet high in nutrients. Consider supplementation of vitamins, minerals and especially Omega-3 essential fatty acids. Omega-3's have been shown to provide the body with support for inflammation, repair of the skin and are extremely beneficial for maintenance of skin health. A supplement like SPARK Daily Nutritional Supplement contains nutrients and superfoods from whole food sources, along with probiotics and enzymes for overall good health, immunity and energy.
Does it Come With a Guarantee?
Yes! Derma Support Gold comes with a 90 day money-back guarantee.
Why Choose Derma Support Gold for Your Canine Friend?
- Selectively Chosen Herbs: Our formulas are entirely prepared from herbs that meet high quality standards.
- Full Spectrum Extract: The full biochemical spectrum of the herbs is preserved to ensure the potency of the extract. All raw materials are tested for identification and purity.
- Every Batch Tested: Every batch of our Derma Support Gold is tested to ensure the highest quality and purity. Every single batch.
- NSF Certified GMP Facility: Nationally recognized quality control procedures are meticulously monitored. The NSF Ceritification Program protects consumers by ensuring that the highest standards of manufacturing are strictly adhered to.
- FDA-Registered Facility: Our manufacturing facility is FDA-registered. Strict quality control procedures are meticulously monitored.
- FDA Center for Veterinary Medicine Guidelines: Pet Wellbeing complies with the provisions of the CVM's good guidance practices for pet dietary supplements. All ingredients and caution statements adhere to these national guidelines.
- It's Guaranteed: In addition to the superior quality of our products, you are also protected by our 90 day money-back guarantee.
- Manufactured in the United States
Who Makes Derma Support Gold?
Derma Support Gold is made by Pet Wellbeing, founded in 2001. Our goal? To bring the wisdom and experience of our caring holistic veterinarians to your pet. When your pet is healthy; you are happy.
To fulfill our vision, our on-staff, holistic veterinarians have developed formulas using time-honored, traditional uses of herbs and integrated the latest scientific research. It is our aim to produce the best products for your pet that we can.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product and information is not intended to diagnose, cure, treat, mitigate or prevent any disease or condition.
How to Administer Derma Support Gold
Administer product orally twice daily. Give one drop for every 2lb (1kg) of body weight up to 50lb. Over 50lb, add one drop per additional 4lb (2kg). Shake well before use.
BEST way to give drops! Add to food. Add drops to a small portion of a favourite food or treat and ensure the entire amount is consumed.
Administer for a maximum of three weeks, pause for one week and continue with this schedule on an as-needed basis.
On calibrated dropper 0.25ml = 5 drops
Use With Caution
- Discontinue after using for three weeks (or less as needed) with a pause of at least one week. Continue to administer after the one week pause, as needed - OR - Discontinue use once desired results are achieved.
- Shake well before use. Does not require refrigeration.
- Not to be used during diarrhea. If stools become loose, reduce daily administration. Discontinue if loose stools persist.
- Not to be used during pregnancy or nursing.
- Do not use with blood thinners. Use caution with immunosuppressants.
- If animal's condition worsens or does not improve, stop product administration and consult your veterinarian. An examination from a veterinarian is recommended prior to using this product.
Derma Support Gold is Formulated With:
Derma Support Gold contains a variety of Chinese herbs that work together to decrease irritation, improve antioxidant activity, and support normal wound and skin healing. It also has anti-allergic properties. The backbone of this formula is its anti-fungal action for fungal and yeast infections.
- Baikal Skullcap root (Scutellaria baicalensis)
- Phellodendron bark (Phellodendron chinense)
- Sophora root (Sophora flavenscens)
- Rehmannia root (Rehmannia glutinosa)
- Chinese Smilax root (Smilax glabra)
- Plantain seed (Plantago asiatica)
- Knotweed aerial parts (Polygonum aviculare)
- Summer Cypress fruit (Kochia scoparia)
...500mg/ml (20 drops/ml)
We take great care and precautions with all the herbal materials that are imported from Asia, recognizing that some products from these regions may have contamination issues. The utmost consideration is given to ensure a pure product. All herbs are selectively imported.
Meet Dr. Janice Huntingford
Janice Huntingford, DVM, has been in veterinary practice for 28 years and has founded two veterinary clinics since receiving her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine at the Ontario Veterinary College, University of Guelph. She has studied extensively in both conventional and holistic modalities.